If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you’ll know this already but I recently did some food sensitivity testing and it turns out I’m sensitive to a lot of food! I knew something wasn’t sitting well as I’ve had tummy troubles but I had no idea it was a lot of the foods I eat regularly, no wonder I wasn’t feeling the best!
My results are unusual and it’s not too surprising given the fact I had 4 bowel surgeries over the course of 12 months and LOTS of antibiotics. On one hand it’s a bit annoying and on the other I’m really excited because I have the opportunity to make myself feel a lot better. I can control what I eat, it’s not like the endometriosis which I can’t really control.
So for the next 4 weeks I’ll be posting lots of pictures of my meals as I’m excited to be trying things I wouldn’t normally have. I sent the list of foods I’m avoiding to my Mum as we’re going there for Christmas dinner and I think I freaked her out a bit so I’ve been testing foods I can make and eat there. I’ve found a few really awesome options.
Roast Sweet Potato & Rocket salad entrée
Organic Sweet Potato
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, slice the sweet potato into disks (I always leave the skin on because it’s delicious and full of nutrients). Season with the olive oil, salt and paprika. Cook for about 40 minutes or until golden.
- 5 or 10 minutes before the potatoes are finished dice the bacon and cook it in a fry pan, once cooked add the rocket and let it get coated in the yummy bacon fat and a little bit wilted.
- If you’re super fancy you can serve them as individual disks with the salad on top but in a bowl works too, drizzle with olive oil and you’re done!
Banana matcha & cacao icecream
2 Frozen bananas (serves 2)
1 teaspoon of Matcha
1 teaspoon of Cacao
- This could not be more easy! Just blend up one frozen banana with a teaspoon of matcha and the other banana with a teaspoon of cacao
- Serve with flaked coconut or cacao nibs, or crushed nuts
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.